^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5208 Ballard Ave
Monday-Saturday 11-7
Sunday 11-5

Friday, March 11, 2011

Units opening tomorrow!

Please join us tomorrow evening at 20twenty from 6pm to 9pm for the opening of Units, new work by Hana Schooley.


Hana Schooley


I was born in Seattle and I am currently living in Pullman, Washington while
finishing my Bachelor of Science in Architecture. Although my education is
in architecture, I have an interest in art as well. I continue to draw
because I feel art has the ability to speak for itself. **




Units

My favorite tool is the pen. It is unforgiving, permanent, and allows one
to express an idea of any complexity through simple means. Using a
ballpoint pen and a simple unit to create a greater image allows me to
express and work through a variety of ideas in a consistent way. Some of
the drawings are quick thoughts, which I sketch and later elaborate on, and
others are more comprehensive ideas that remain on one piece of paper from
start to finish.



No comments: